Hello,
using merged scalepack intensities and a reference MTZ file as inputs, I
would like to prepare an MTZ of scalepack intensities reindexed so that the
intensities optimally correspond to those in the reference MTZ file.

Invoking POINTLESS with the
CELL, SCAIN, HKLREF keywords results in

CCP4MTZfile: open_read - File missing or corrupted:<myscalepackoutput.sca>

hkl_merged_list: object not constructed

Does pointless expect non-merged scalepack intensities, even though I
assume the Laue group of the reference MTZ file?

I could use "no merge original index" scalepack reflections were not
that reflection file format lacking the unit cell dimensions. For
simplicity and reliability, I would like to use an input file that
provides both intensities and the corresponding cell dimensions.

Can I achieve my goal by invoking POINTLESS differently. Could I
provide merged reflections in MTZ format? Are there better approaches
to my problem?

Thank you for your consideration,

Wolfram Tempel