Hi Tim,

a non-ccp4 solution (since you haven't gotten any suggestion yet)..

1) Get atom selection of atoms involved into ion coordination:
phenix.metal_coordination model.pdb

2) Using atom selection from above extract portion of PDB that contains
atoms in question:
phenix.pdb_atom_selection model.pdb "atom_selection_string_here"
--write-pdb-file="partial.pdb"

3) Get average B:

phenix.pdbtools partial.pdb model_statistics=true

Remark:

steps 2)-3) can be done in one go:

phenix.b_factor_statistics model.pdb selection="atom_selection_string_here"

If this is of general interest I can wrap 1)-3) into one command.

Good luck,

Pavel