Hello everyone!

I have run into a problem in a 55kD recombinant human protein crystallization
(expressed in E.Coil). The purity is pretty good. However, it behaves as high
oligomers in the buffer with 300mM NaCl and behaves as dimers with a little
high oligomers in the buffer with 2000mM (2M) NaCl.
I have already performed several screenings and tried several types of buffer,
salt or different pHs, etc. Only very small crystals could be detected in the
dimer drops. High oligomers seem could not be crystallized under various of
conditions.

Has anyone ever met the same problem? Could anyone give me some suggestions?

Thanks very much!

Cheers

Tom Wong
Structural Lab