Every now and then I pipe on this as well.  We have Zalman monitors here - I
bought them about 4 years ago - when you could not buy them any more in the
states.  I just bought them on Ebay - they came new in the box directly from
China.  The person did fed-ex shipping - did not cost any extra, and at the
time it was a very cheap way to get these models that were not available in the
US.  I don’t know if they still sell this way or not - but for me it worked
great.

The monitors still work, and I agree with Zhijie, the 2D applications look
perfect on them.  Maybe it’s because I was so used to old, dim, CRT displays.
In any event - they are great monitors for normal work, and it’s nice on
occasion to use 3D with them.  The 3D is OK - not perfect - but I don’t think
any are as good as old CRT displays.  The 3D does show what you need.  What I
really do find with modeling (myself included) is the following:  I came from a
situation where I used 3D exclusively (SGI’s, CRT’s, blah blah blah).  Going to
the newer, brighter, faster LCD displays means that 3D isn’t as important to me
anymore, and I find that I typically use 2D almost exclusively.  Occasionally I
do 3D, and when I do, the Zalman is fine for that.

Hope that helps

Dave