From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Xiaoming
Ren
Sent: Friday, 4 April 2014 9:17 a.m.
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Problem with making covalent bonds in phenix by LINK or edits
file

Dear all:

I am encountering a problem. I built a monomer model which is a modified
nucleotide with Sketcher in ccp4 suite and generated the .cif file of this
monomer. However, I could not make it bind with other nucleotides in the
nucleic acid chain. I have tried to write LINK lines into PDB file, and also
edited .edits file for phenix.refine. In both conditions, phenix.refine works
except that it wouldn't add covalent bonds between the residues as I expected.

I have used .edits file for covalent binding between residues before, and it
worked well.

So there must be something wrong with my input files. But I couldn't fighure
out where the problem is.

Thanks a lot and best regards!
Xiaoming