Jackie,

We grow cells routinely and freeze pellets after fermentation.  In general,
proteins are fairly stable until you break cells so you are probably ok
unless your protein is very heat labile and it sat at room temperature for
hours.  However as I mentioned, there is a kind of buffering from the cell
that can stabilize the protein until you are ready to use it.  The glycerol
stocks are probably ok as well since you need just a small inoculum to get
your culture growing.  The plasmids may be the most affected, but you can
sequence if you have aberrant expression.

Best,

David

--

David L. Blum, Ph.D.

Director, Bioexpression and Fermentation Facility

University of Georgia

120 Green Street room A414A

Athens, GA 30602

http://bff.uga.edu/