Hi

When you get this error, and "everything" has been closed, what do you get if
you type (in the same terminal window that you tried to start iMosflm) -

        $MOSFLM_EXEC

?

It's plain from the message that

        "ipmosflm" is not compatible'

that iMosflm is trying to run with an incompatible MOSFLM_EXEC (maybe from the
old ccp4 6.3 distribution, but there could be other reasons).

On 28 Apr 2014, at 13:05, sreetama das wrote:

> Dear All,
>                Whenever I open up imosflm GUI from the terminal, I get the
> following error:
>
> iMosflm version 7.1.1, 24th March 2014
> "ipmosflm" is not compatible.
> Please configure iMosflm with the correct executable.
>
> clicking the Configure button at the bottom of the error message panel closes
> everything.
> the following is shown on the  terminal:
>
> MOSFLM_EXEC set to ipmosflm
> testing MOSFLM_WISH (/home/*****/Software/CCP4/ccp4-6.3.0/bin/wish)
> Tcl platform is unix i686 Linux  3.8.0-32-generic
> TclTk version from info patchlevel is 8.4.19
> Tk windowing system is x11
>

> I had run imosflm successfully just 2 hours before this instance. After that,
> I had enabled the older version of CCP4-6.3 (by sourcing it from the .bashrc
> file)  for sometime to look at the options in molrep (in CCP4-6.3), and then
> re-enabled the newer CCP4-6.4.
> Enabling ccp4-6.3 from the .bashrc file & typing imosflm opens up the older
> 7.0.1 version.
>
> The option "settings>environment variables" is not working in the newer
> imosflm version now, changing the value in the GUI of the older version of
> imosflm doesn't help either.
> I applied the latest CCP4 updates; that doesn't set things right.
>
> Please let me know how to re-configure iMosflm to run with ccp4-6.4.
>
> thanks & regards,
> sreetama

Harry
--
** note change of address **
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Francis Crick Avenue,