Dear Herb,

These things happen.....

I have been interpreting the CBF coordinate system as being a
generalised form of the d*TREK one. I read the definition on page 26 of
the document that I have found here:

<http://www.rigaku.com/downloads/software/free/dTREK%20Image%20Format%
20v1.1.pdf>

to favour your interpretation 1.

Regards,
Peter.

--
Peter Keller                                     Tel.: +44 (0)1223 353033
Global Phasing Ltd.,                             Fax.: +44 (0)1223 366889