Hello folks,

I would like to measure the concentrations of proteins containing
phosphotyrosines using absorbance at 280nm.

I'm wondering about calculating extinction coefficients by the Edelhoch
method - as used in ProtParam for example:

http://web.expasy.org/protparam/protparam-doc.html

Given that phosphotyrosine absorbs less strongly at 280nm than tyrosine,
has anyone developed a modified extinction coefficient calculation that
treats tyrosine and phosphotyrosine separately and has the same kind of
accuracy that Edelhof achieved using amino acid analogues (e.g. comparing
glycyl-L-tyrosylglycine to the phophorylated equivalent)?

Cheers,
Will.