Hi,

First off I am pretty new to CCP4/X-ray crystallography so please bear with
me as I try to explain my question.

I was looking at a protein structure from the PDB (let's say 1aho.pdb).

I have the corresponding MTZ file. I wanted to calculate the R-factor for
some selected residues (lets say 17-40).

I can calculate the R factor for the whole protein using the (MTZ + pdb
file) SFCheck tool.

Is there a way to calculate the R-factor for a segment of the protein?

I can generate a masked map using COOT as follows:
Extensions--> Maps--> Mask Map by Atom Selection (inverse)
But the result is a map and not a MTZ file
(the format I need for the next step SFCheck)

I tried using NCSMask but it did not work out.
Could someone suggest where I am going wrong in trying to calculate R for a
small part of the protein?

Thank you,
George