Phil, absolutely. I have routinely use AIMLESS on XDS and sometimes on
SCALEPACK output.
I should clarify that in the scenario I described earlier, complete XDS or
SCALEPACK output would *not* be available, but only Is and SIGIs. What
would be the best strategy to 'trick' POINTLESS/AIMLESS into accepting
duplicate HKLs, independently observed, beginning with, say, a
(3f5.0,f9.1,f7.1) text file? Increment batch numbers by 2, to negate the
"adjacency" condition? I assume (correctly?) that with the 'onlymerge'
option, batch numbers are not relevant to the merging outcome, as long as
POINTLESS/AIMLESS would accept 'independent duplicates' as 'non-partial'.
W.