Dear Antony,
Have you considered MAIN - www-bmb.ijs.si ?
best regards,
dusan

On Jun 19, 2014, at 1:06 AM, CCP4BB automatic digest system
<lists...@jiscmail.ac.uk> wrote:

> Topics of the day:
>
>  1. Rotamer Selection in Low Resolution Data (4)
>  2. Refinement
>  3. [phenixbb] Calculation of RSR for a fragment of PDB

> Date:    Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:39:02 +0000
> From:    Antony Oliver <antony.oli...@sussex.ac.uk>
> Subject: Rotamer Selection in Low Resolution Data
>
> Dear Crystallographic Community,
>
> Apologies for the cross-posting, but I *do* routinely use programs from all
> three software packages.
>
> I find myself refining a relatively low resolution structure (3.5 Angstrom) -
> with 8 molecules in the asymmetric unit.
> Is there a *simple* automated way to place “optimal-fit to electron density"
> side-chain rotamers into my model?
> Preferably in an NCS-independant manner?
>
> With thanks,
> Antony.
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Dr Antony W Oliver
> Senior Research Fellow
> CR-UK DNA Repair Enzymes Group
> Genome Damage and Stability Centre
> Science Park Road
> University of Sussex
> Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RQ
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> email: antony.oli...@sussex.ac.uk<mailto:antony.oli...@sussex.ac.uk>
>
> tel (office): +44 (0)1273 678349
> tel (lab): +44 (0)1273 677512
>
> http://www.sussex.ac.uk/lifesci/oliverlab
> http://tinyurl.com/aw-oliver
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:13:57 -0700
> From:    Pavel Afonine <pafon...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Rotamer Selection in Low Resolution Data
>
> Hi Antony,
>
> Apologies for the cross-posting, but I *do* routinely use programs from all
>> three software packages.
>>
>> I find myself refining a relatively low resolution structure (3.5
>> Angstrom) - with 8 molecules in the asymmetric unit.
>> Is there a *simple* automated way to place “optimal-fit to electron
>> density" side-chain rotamers into my model?
>> Preferably in an NCS-independant manner?
>>

> naively assuming that one of the "three software packages" that you did not
> mention by name is Phenix:
> yes, you can do it in a number of different ways. Let me know if interested
> and I will list all options.
>
> Pavel
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Wed, 18 Jun 2014 16:21:20 +0000
> From:    Antony Oliver <antony.oli...@sussex.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: Rotamer Selection in Low Resolution Data
>
> Hi Pavel,
>
> Sorry… the current ‘triumvirate’ is, in no particular order:
>
> CCP4, Phenix and Buster (Global Phasing).
>
> Any suggestions would indeed be useful.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Antony.
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Dr Antony W Oliver
> Senior Research Fellow
> CR-UK DNA Repair Enzymes Group
> Genome Damage and Stability Centre
> Science Park Road
> [...]

Dr. Dusan Turk, Prof.
Head of Structural Biology Group http://bio.ijs.si/sbl/
Head of Centre for Protein  and Structure Production
Centre of excellence for Integrated Approaches in Chemistry and Biology of
Proteins, Scientific Director
http://www.cipkebip.org/
Professor of Structural Biology at IPS "Jozef Stefan"
e-mail: dusan.t...@ijs.si
phone: +386 1 477 3857       Dept. of Biochem.& Mol.& Struct. Biol.
fax:   +386 1 477 3984       Jozef Stefan Institute
                            Jamova 39, 1 000 Ljubljana,Slovenia
Skype: dusan.turk (voice over internet: www.skype.com