Hi Catherine,

At the Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute High Throughput
Crystallization Screening laboratory we've just introduced SONICC and UV two
photon fluorescence into the imaging process. I don't think it's been announced
on the website
(http://www.hwi.buffalo.edu/faculty_research/crystallization.html) but the
images are now being sent to users routinely and they are proving extremely
useful in identifying (a) salt from protein and (b) protein crystals that were
not otherwise noticed due to obscuration by precipitate or other gunk. I highly
recommend the application of these two techniques in your case. If you don't
have it available locally, while trying not to advertise, it is available to
the community as a service - just don't ask me!  The lab can be contacted
directly at hts...@hwi.buffalo.edu<mailto:hts...@hwi.buffalo.edu>.

Cheers,

Eddie

Edward Snell Ph.D.
Assistant Prof. Department of Structural Biology, SUNY Buffalo,
Senior Scientist, Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute
700 Ellicott Street, Buffalo, NY 14203-1102
Phone:     (716) 898 8631         Fax: (716) 898 8660
Skype:      eddie.snell                 Email: esn...@hwi.buffalo.edu
Telepathy: 42.2 GHz

Heisenberg was probably here!