Dear all,

        We are planning to ligate a phospho-tyrosine containing 16aa/33aa
peptide onto a 70 kDa protein and subsequently use it for crystallography
studies. We will be using the Intein-fusion protein system (IMPACT kit from
NEB) to accomplish the ligation. The idea is to separate the ligated protein
from the non-ligated using phospho-tyrosine affinity chromatography.

       We have been doing a lot of literature survey for both the ligation and
the purification protocols but there is no established method for achieving
crystallization grade ligated products.

        We would really appreciate to receive inputs and be imparted a few
tricks for both the ligation and the purification methods.

Many thanks,
Vasan