Doing Fluroscence scan for protein crystal at Cu wavelength prior MAD or SAD
experiment shows usually fig like this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/800463dlcmws6d4/fig.png

1- Fig A should represent X ray fluorescence scan. is it the same as X ray
absorption scan. what does count represent in fig A (is it equal to the
intensity of the emission).
2- i am wondering whether F double prime in Fig B is just a fit for counts in
Fig A, it looks the same. could F" or counts be converted to I/I0 or F/I0 to
replot the data against these value as in XANES. in other word, Is X ray
fluorescence scan in fig A the same as X-ray absorption near-edge structure
(XANES)? could XANES be collected at the same beamline where diffraction data
are collected for crystal ?
3- could data from Fluorescence scan in Fig A or B used to determine the
oxidation or coordination number for the metal say copper for example in
protein?

thank YOU
regards
T. DawoD