Hi Bernhard et al

> The lattice metric  is the same for both SGs (did not understand Eleanor’s
> remark)

>> Hmmm -
>> well the I212121 cell and the P21221 cells you give here have different
>> volumes, so they cant be just rearrangements of symmetry operators and
>> non-cryst translation.

Cell volume for the I222 cell = 87.8 * 101.18 * 123.63 ~= 1,098,280 Å^3

Cell volume for the P22121 cell = 93.34 * 105.47 * 122.98 ~=1,210,685 Å^3

Or ~10% different - so to me, anyway, Eleanor's remark made perfect sense.

> In principle, differences between NCS and XS of compatible metric become more
> distinct at
> higher resolution (i.e. at night, all cats are grey).
>
> Best, BR

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Francis Crick Avenue,
Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge CB2 0QH