Deat CCP4ers,

In relation to this topic, I'd like to mention that SF4 has replaced FS4
as the Fe4S4 monomer in the CCP4 monomer library.

However, the dictionary values for bond lengths and angles are not
correct, and this is especially noticeable when the dictionary is used
in a high-resolution refinement (e.g., 1.05 A). In particular, the
Fe-S-Fe angles are all set to 90 degrees, when in fact some are smaller
and others are larger.

This introduces a bias in the final rms angle deviation values. Fe4S4 is
a distorted cubane, not a perfect cube.

Best regards,

Pedro Matias

--
Industry and Medicine Applied Crystallography
Macromolecular Crystallography Unit

email : mat...@itqb.unl.pt

http://www.itqb.unl.pt/research/biological-chemistry/industry-and-medicine-applied-crystallography
http://www.itqb.unl.pt/labs/macromolecular-crystallography-unit

Mailing address :
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Av. da República - EAN
2780-157 Oeiras
PORTUGAL