(for developers or whoever manages the .cif libraries. Is there a separate
list?)

PEE has been used (mainly by me) for the natural lipid PE
(1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphoethanolamine),
but the current PEE.cif specifies the wrong chirality about the glycerol C2
atom,
giving un-natural sn-glycero-1-phosphoethanolamine.

3PE.cif gives the right chirality, as does 9PE:

PEE      chir_01  C2     C1     C3     O2        positiv
3PE      chir_01  C2     C1     C3     O21       negativ
9PE      chir_01  C2     C1     C3     O21       negativ

In all three the Phosphate is attached to C1, i.e. the atom names correspond as
indicated above. Changing positiv to negativ in PEE.cif fixes it. I didn't
choose the 3-letter code, it was assigned by pdb back in 1998.

eab