Job Description

The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked
scientific research organizations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is
located in Heidelberg (Germany) and the outstations are in Grenoble (France),
Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo (Italy).

EMBL is seeking to recruit a postdoctoral researcher to join the group of
Daniel Panne at EMBL Grenoble. EMBL is a leading international research
organization with a collaborative atmosphere. We are seeking to recruit an
outstanding candidate with a strong interest in applying structural biology
approaches to important biological problems. We focus on multi-protein
complexes involved in epigenetic gene/chromatin regulation and signaling in the
innate immune system.

Qualifications and Experience

The successful applicant should hold a Ph.D. with a strong background in
biochemical or structural analysis of protein complexes. Although experience in
single particle cryo electron microscopy and/or xray crystallography would be
an advantage this is not essential for this position. The laboratory has
excellent access to state-of-the-art equipment including the ESRF synchrotron
and a Tecnai F20 Polara equipped with K2 direct electron detector. We welcome
applications from candidates that are interested in working at the interface of
cryoEM and xray crystallography.

Motivation to work in a multidisciplinary and international environment is
fundamental to this position.

Application Instructions

Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
<http://ig14.i-grasp.com//fe/tpl_embl01.asp?newms=jj&id=49622&aid=15470>
Additional Information

EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions
and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation. Please note
that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on
circumstances at the time of the review.