Birkbeck, University of London has a long tradition in structural biology going back to JD Bernal. As part of the institute for Structural Molecular Biology http://www.ismb.lon.ac.uk/ under Prof Gabriel Waksman FRS, it remains a leading centre in the UK for structural biology.

The college is using part of its Wellcome Institutional Strategic Support Fund to hire up to 3 two year career development fellows. This is to allow an early career researcher to develop an idea, including collecting preliminary data, to the stage where they would be competitive for a Wellcome or other funding body early career researchers. The application should include an outline of the research plans as well as a description of previous experience.

The advert can be found at
http://jobs.bbk.ac.uk/fe/tpl_birkbeckcollege01.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=55528,9858157887&key=85249108&c=525423345221&pagestamp=sexomqdrzqtzrakcse
The deadline is 10th December 2014.

Informal enquires can be made to Prof Waksman g.waks...@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk

--
Prof Nicholas H. Keep
Executive Dean of School of Science

email     n.k...@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Telephone 020-7631-6852  (Room G54a Office)
          020-7631-6800  (Department Office)
Fax       020-7631-6803
If you want to access me in person you have to come to the crystallography
entrance
and ring me or the department office from the internal phone by the door