POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW POSITION University of North Carolina DEPARTMENT OF
MICROBIOLOGY AND IMMUNOLOGY

We are seeking a motivated PhD crystallographer to drive two projects dealing
with host defense against pathogens.  The first project involves peptide
binding to MHC and is a highly productive collaboration between a computational
chemist and our lab involving design of HIV therapeutics.  The second project
is the design and production of therapeutic bi-specific antibodies directed
against peptide/MHC complexes.  We have already designed and are currently
testing an antibody directed towards HER2/neu overexpressing tumors.   The
fellow will be responsible for the crystallography associated with each project
and can drive the therapeutic antibody project as far as they wish to go.

The position is open immediately and is available for up to four years with
yearly reappointments.

Biophysicists without direct crystallographic experience will be considered.

Applications will be administered through the department at:
https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/63270
Please include a C.V., cover letter and list of three references.

The cover letter should be directed specifically to  Dr. Edward J Collins and
specifying that you are applying for this set of projects.

Since the applications on the website go to our department, it would be wise to
send an email to Dr. Collins once the application is complete.