Hi Chen,

> could anybody suggest me an easy way to generate the spectrum bar for the
> color-coded residue-wise scores? Generating a spectrum bar in Pymol seems
> nontrivial to me…

There are some HTML/javascript files that will allow you to reproduce the
horizontal and vertical legends seen in the ProSMART publications. I've made
them available from our website, but here's a direct link:

http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/murshudov/content/prosmart/docs/prosmart_legends.tar.gz

You can open the "legend.html" file in a web browser, then zoom in and/or
export to whatever format you want. You can edit the "legend.css" file if you
want to adjust the text font. You can edit the values in the top of the
"legend.js" file in order to change the legend scale and colours so that they
correspond to your ProSMART run (if you have adjusted these parameters). I hope
this is an acceptable solution for you. Let me know if you need further help
with this.

> BTW, here is a rather unrelated question. what does the white color represent
> (in default color setting)? Does it mean the residues that are not included
> in the analysis?

You are correct. The white colour represents residues that were not included in
the analysis - these were not matched to any residues in the other model.

> I might be careless, but I failed to find a documentation for this.

I'd say that the best resource for providing practical usage info is the
tutorial that's available from our website (see part 2 of the tutorial):
http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/murshudov/
I'll try to update and expand on the documentation soon to help clarify such
issues.

Best regards,
Rob

--