What do the twinning tests show? Those space groups can be suspicious, I
believe.

JPK

-----Original Message-----
From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of RHYS
GRINTER
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 4:40 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] P31 or P32

Hi All,

This will no doubt show something of my ignorance with experimental phasing,
however I'm currently working on solving a 3.8A SAD dataset with Pt anomalous
signal. Both Shelx and Xtriage see reasonable anomalous signal to about 7A and
seem to get  statistics suggesting a solution when I run SAD phasing using
Autosol in Phenix. After density modification I get pretty nice looking maps
with clear solvent channels and interconnected density for protein, however
there is very little difference in map R-factor between the hands and the maps
from both the P31 and P32 solution appear comparable in structure.
Obviously DM is struggling to break the hand ambiguity, however can some one
tell me if what I'm seeing represents a definite solution? And what is the best
way to proceed from here?

Cheers,

Rhys