I agree with Eleanor. Sftools was designed for a different purpose. I does
have a batch mode but I am not sure it will solve your problems completely
and the little notice on top already indicates that this was never
considered to be an ideal solution. Here is the MODE help page. You can
give it a try but you may have to go back to good old CAD.

Bart

selected: MODE

  Notice: This option is will become obsolete
  in the next release. Try to avoid using it in
  scripts.

  OPTION: MODE BATCH | INTERACTIVE
  ================================

  Bring the program in or out of Batch mode
  Use MODE BATCH when running SFTOOLS in batch
  This surpresses some questions by SFTOOLS, e.g.
  to hit return to see the next page in LIST REF
  Use MODE INTERACTIVE to return to interactive
  mode if that would ever be useful

  EXAMPLES:

  MODE BATCH
  MODE INTERACTIVE