De : CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] de la part de CHAVAS Leonard
[ccp4hnaa...@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 9 janvier 2015 01:41
À : CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Objet : Re: [ccp4bb] Protein precipitating at higher concentration!!

Hi Ivan

this will not be an answer to your question, but did you consider not
concentrating 'too much' your sample? It happened few times to me that the
protein was precipitating when concentrating for SEC because of the presence of
other impurities. Trying the good old AS precipitation helped a bit, but wasn't
really the magical solution as I was losing a bit of the protein of interest as
well. The solution was to concentrate only slightly the sample, and pass it
though multiple (at the time it was quite a lot actually) runs of SEC. I ended
up with again a lot of pure sample to concentrate, however, this sample was
pure enough and did not precipitate.

Other than that, I guess playing with the salt concentration might help keeping
things stable... or not. I know people also tried the addition of glycerol or
EG, but I don't have personal experience in that and cannot really comment if
it is working well or not.

Cheers, Leo