Hi,

If your Hg dataset is not isomorphous with the SeMet you can cut out some
density and use cross-crystal averaging (molecular replacement using electron
density) to transfer the Hg phases to the Se dataset.  You can then try using
an anomalous difference fourier map to find more or weaker Se sites.  If that
manages to get density good enough to even partially build a model, you can put
it through multiple rounds of MR-SAD with phaser.  Basically you use your model
phases to help find more weak Se sites, which improves your phases and allows
you to build a better model, and you go around again.

Jason.

—
Dr Jason Busby
Laboratory of Structural Biology