Dear all,
I am trying to phase a large novel structure of 150 kDa with P21 space
group. So far I have collected 3.0A datasets from iodinated derivatives in
Cu-K alpha. In SAD phasing I got 0.745 figure of merit (FOM) and LLG about
476208.27 (sites in inverse hand gave the same FOM and LLG),by Phenix
Phaser-EP. But i am seeing monstrous peak from the substructure solution,
it seems that all phases merge into huge fourier peak (like Urenium-atom
solution and Fourier truncation ripples; Ref.Bernerd and Rupp) .But it is
clear that the iodine has incorporated into the proteins lysine residues
where the large electron density has been seen (from partial molecular
replacement solution). Would anyone be able to advise me on how it'd be
best to improve my phases/density given the limitations of the data? it
will be very helpful for me as a learner.

Avisek