No, the question seems to be slightly different. While one can use either CCP4's SSM or GESAMT to superpose 2 dimers, these algorithms would balance RMSD between both chains and produce something optimal for both chains. What is required, however, is optimal superposition on one pair of chains (one from each dimer) but measuring RMSD on the other pair of chains from same dimers. Nothing impossible in principle but no corresponding option in general-purpose aligners (this requires something like masks/selections for residues to superimpose and residues to measure the RMSD on). If this were a common and frequent problem, we could have it implemented in SSM/GESAMT.

Eugene