Instead of Br which has a weak signal at its K edge, why not use Iodide at
some wavelength (or energy) where it gives a stronger signal?  The longer
wavelength used will help with spot spatial resolution as well.

One may be fighting radiation damage, too.
One may be fighting a moving (vibrating?) crystal, too.

Sure, you already have some diffraction images, but a better experiment may
make one's life easier.

My advice would be to not use higher than a 200 mM (4% saturated) KI quick
soak, but you didn't tell us how Br ended up in your crystals.

Jim

Recently, I got some datasets with weak anomalous Br signal. I tried to