Dear Smith,

Wouldn’t it be easier to reprocess your data and do a MR with your rescued PDB
file and start from there ? Instead of trying to mess around with the
non-readable mtz file ?

You should have those raw images somewhere, perhaps even at the beam line if
you have not made your own copies.

Sorry for your disaster,

Jürgen

Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins University
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Office: +1-410-614-4742<tel:%2B1-410-614-4742>
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894<tel:%2B1-410-614-4894>
Fax:      +1-410-955-2926<tel:%2B1-410-955-2926>
http://lupo.jhsph.edu

On Mar 5, 2015, at 12:36 AM, Smith Lee
<00000459ef8548d5-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk<mailto:00000459ef8548d5-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk>>
 wrote:

Dear All,

Recently my computer hardware has been broken and all the data has been
recovered to movable hardware by technician. However I find the recovered PDB
file and the MTZcould not be openned by Coot. Then I open the revovered PDB
file by WordPad, and from WordPad I copied it to notepad and save it as pdb
file. I find the Coot can open the notepad saved pdb file, thus my pdb files
can be succesfully recovered from the hardware.

But will you please tell me how to have Coot open my mtz file? After data
recovery by the technicial, the data size of the mtz file did not decrease,
thus I think there is a way to have it recovered.

I have not noticed there were similar or identical posts as mine for recovery
data before in the CCP4 mail list.

Thus I am looking forward to getting a reply from you on how to recover my mtz
file.

Smith