Dear Shane,

Many, many years ago in a different world (BobScript), I got around these
issues using Gram-Schmidt Orthogonalization:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram%E2%80%93Schmidt_process

I adapted it in Fortran, but you're welcome to it... but you can probably find
it in a more modern library now.

Regards,
Robert

--

Dr. Robert Esnouf,

University Research Lecturer,
Head of Research Computing Core,
NDM Research Computing Strategy Officer

Room 10/028, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics,
Old Road Campus, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK

Email: rob...@strubi.ox.ac.uk / rob...@well.ox.ac.uk
Tel:   (+44) - 1865 - 287783