Hello,

I have a dispute with a grant referee about the scientific relevance of
structures of catalytically inactive enzymes including their complexes with
substrates or analogues. I was looking through pdb and the keyword search did
not get me far. Could you please tell me
- which enzyme structure of catalytically inactive mutant was published first
and when
- which catalytically inactive enzyme structure in complex with substrate or
part of it as a ligand was published first and when.

help of the community is highly appreciated,

best wishes,

dusan

Dr. Dusan Turk, Prof.
Head of Structural Biology Group http://bio.ijs.si/sbl/
<http://bio.ijs.si/sbl/>
Head of Centre for Protein  and Structure Production
Centre of excellence for Integrated Approaches in Chemistry and Biology of
Proteins, Scientific Director
http://www.cipkebip.org/
Professor of Structural Biology at IPS "Jozef Stefan"
e-mail: dusan.t...@ijs.si
phone: +386 1 477 3857       Dept. of Biochem.& Mol.& Struct. Biol.
fax:   +386 1 477 3984       Jozef Stefan Institute
                            Jamova 39, 1 000 Ljubljana,Slovenia
Skype: dusan.turk (voice over internet: www.skype.com <http://www.skype.com/>