Subject:        [ccp4bb] Structural classification
Date:   Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:36:42 +0100
From:   Deepa Raju <deepakmraj...@gmail.com><mailto:deepakmraj...@gmail.com>
To:     CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK<mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

Dear all,

I am Deepa, MSc final year student. For my final year project, I am working on
protein structure classification.
I have a set of 300 methyltransferase protein structures. I wish to classify
the proteins in to different groups
based on their secondary structures and sequence. I have tried to classify the
proteins based on sequence but it
is not satisfactory in view point of structures. I have used the DALI server
results like Z-score, RMS deviation
for grouping.   I ended up with 50-60 groups. I have used the  PIRSF, but in
that most of the structures are not
available. I have also used Chimera - structure based sequence alignment,  but
the program is crashing for 300
structures. Any suggestions will be highly beneficial to me.

Thank you in advance.
With regards
Deepa

Het Radboudumc staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het
handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud university medical center is listed in the Commercial Register of
the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.