Hi Faisal,

* This is a good introduction for a non-microscopist:
Cryo-electron microscopy--a primer for the non-microscopist.
Milne JL1, Borgnia MJ, Bartesaghi A, Tran EE, Earl LA, Schauder DM, Lengyel
J, Pierson J, Patwardhan A, Subramaniam S.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23181775

* A recent review:
How cryo-EM is revolutionizing structural biology
Xiao-chen Bai, Greg McMullan, Sjors H.W Scheres
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S096800041400187X

* For background theory this is good place to start:
Structural Analysis of Macromolecular Assemblies by Electron Microscopy
E. V. Orlova and H. R. Saibil
http://people.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/~ubcg16z/chemrevsmallfigs.pdf

* And for tools for high-resolution modelling building:
Tools for macromolecular model building and refinement into electron
cryo-microscopy
reconstructions
Alan Brown, Fei Long, Robert A. Nicholls, Jaan Toots, Paul Emsley and Garib
Murshudov
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25615868

Folmer beat me to it (thanks!).  Please have a look at http://www.ccpem.ac.
uk/ and subscribe to our mailing list: