I'd recommend downloading the CCP4 suite, which contains pre-compiled ProSMART
binaries:
http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/download/index.php#os=mac
Just download the Package Manager, which will automatically download and
install CCP4 for you.

The problem is that the -static-libgcc flag is specific to the gcc compiler,
but unfortunately your system is overriding gcc and using the clang compiler
instead.

If you really want to try to compile ProSMART from source, you can try removing
the -static-libgcc flag from the makefile. This may or may not work, depending
on your system architecture. Alternatively, you can download and use the gnu
gcc/g++ compiler instead of clang, which should be a more robust solution.

Regards,
Rob