As Harry says, this is a format problem. the sea file only allows
intensities <= 999999.99 .
I thought mtz2various was meant to scale intensities automatically to avoid
this, but obviously that hasn't worked.

You can check from viewing the mtz what the largest intensity is, then give
a SCALE instruction to mtz2various to make sure you largest I is below the
above limit.

Is that OK?
Eleanor
Eleanor