A postdoctoral position in structural biology is available in the Shamoo Lab
at Rice University (http://www.bioc.rice.edu/~shamoo/shamoolab.html ).  The
successful candidate must have experience in X-ray crystallography as well
as biochemistry. Candidates should hold a PhD degree in biophysics or
biochemistry.

Additional useful experience in one or more of these technical areas is also
desirable:

.         Enzyme kinetics

.         Ligand (DNA/RNA) binding studies

.         Molecular biology

Our group studies the evolution of antibiotic resistance in clinical
pathogens. We use a combination of experimental evolution, genomics and
biochemical approaches to understand the biophysical basis for newly evolved
resistances. Candidates must also have very good interpersonal skills to
work in our highly interdisciplinary research team and be able to assist in
the mentoring of students.

Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV and the names of three
references to sha...@rice.edu

Rice University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.

Yousif Shamoo, Ph.D.

Rice University

Vice Provost for Research

Professor, Department of Biosciences