Dear Vikram

AMPLE tries to create ensembles by clustering the ab initio models from, in this case, Rosetta. It has failed here because it has not found any pair of models that are similar enough by its criteria to superpose into a cluster. This is a sign that your 500 models are very diverse and, in turn, that the modelling has not produced reliable results: large clusters of similar models are the basic indication that ab initio modelling may have produced something promising.

The explanation for the poor results lies in the size of your target. 377 residues is far above the threshold below which ab initio modelling is expected to work well. It is currently considered to be worth trying up to around 150-200 residues for globular proteins, somewhat larger for membrane proteins. That limit is raised by the use of extra information from predicted contacts (http://journals.iucr.org/m/issues/2016/04/00/lz5010/) but 377 residues is much larger than we have had success with using ab initio models.

It looks to me as if you may have distant homologues available. Making an ensemble of these and seeking a well-conserved core to use as a search model ensemble can be a productive approach, solving structures that would not fall out easily with any single distant homologue. AMPLE can also apply a cluster and truncate logic to distant homologues in such cases - see https://amplemr.wordpress.com/programs/ample/ample-tutorials/ample-tutorial-3 - automatically producing a range of differently sized shared core ensembles and trialling them.

Feel free to contact us offline or through ccp4bb if you need more help.

Regards

Daniel