From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of KAUSHIK H.S.
[000002b42c18251e-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk]
Sent: 07 December 2016 08:59
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] error with AMPLE on CCP4 7.0 installed as precompiled binary

Hello,

I downloaded ccp4 7.0 linux binary on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 machine
(which has no monitor).  AMPLE program when run through command line gives
following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home1/nkumar/software/ccp4-7.0/bin/ample.py", line 1039, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home1/nkumar/software/ccp4-7.0/bin/ample.py", line 798, in main
    pyrvapi_results.display_results(amopt.d)
  File "/home1/nkumar/software/ccp4-7.0/share/ample/python/pyrvapi_results.py",
line 372, in display_results
    major,_,_=ample_util.ccp4_version()
  File "/home1/nkumar/software/ccp4-7.0/share/ample/python/ample_util.py", line
89, in ccp4_version
    return (int(major),int(minor),int(rev.lstrip('0')))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

The same version of CCP4 installed using the installer (with GUI) on CentOS 7
64bit machine do not throw any such errors either through GUI (via CCP4i
interface) or through commandline.  I am unable to understand the error
message.  All the paths in both the machines are correct and other CCP4
programs seems to work fine on commandline on both machines.

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Kaushik Hatti,
Molecular Biophysics Unit,