I'd be interested as well.

JPK

-----Original Message-----
From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Dirk
Kostrewa
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:47 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Calculation of generalised R-factor?

Dear CCP4ers,

I want to check the validity of the refinement of anisotropic B-factors vs. TLS
+ isototropic B-factors using the Hamilton R-value ratio test as described in
Ethan Merritt's paper "To B or not to B", Acta Cryst. D, Vol 68, pp 468. This
test uses the generalised R-factors (assuming unit weights),
RG=(Sum(Fo-Fc)^2/Sum(Fo)^2)^1/2. Although Hamilton wrote that at the end of
refinement, one could also use the similar ratio of the usual R-factors, I
really would like to check the ratio of the RG-values after refinement. As far
as I can see, this value is not reported by the usual refinement programs.

Is there a program that reads an mtz file with Fo and refined Fc and just
calculates RG?

Best regards,

Dirk.

Dirk Kostrewa