I would recommend just mounting them in capillaries without loops, as this
will travel better.
Put slugs of mother liquor on either side, seal with wax and then coat wax
and onto the end of capillary glass lightly with fingernail polish.

We have had terrible luck with FedEx delivering damaged crystals, if you
try this make sure you have cushioned your capillaries and have plenty of
room temperature thermal packs in your styrofoam container.

The best way to carry them in your carryon.  Weput them individually in 15
mL falcon tubes packed with cotton
and put them in our briefcase or backpack and let TSA x-ray the bag.
We have done this, TSA asks no questions.
Yet Omaha is a small airport.
Good luck!  Gloria