Hi Eleanor,

This is covered in PDB_REDO: we figure out whether the B-factors are totals or
residuals. Wouter Touw has made the BDB (http://www.cmbi.ru.nl/bdb/) a databank
in which all B-factors are represented as the isotropic component of the total
B-factor. This is quite useful if you want to study patterns in B-factors.

Cheers,
Robbie