FMI International PhD Program, Spring Call, 2017
Cutting-edge research on the molecular and
cellular basis of human disease

We are pleased to announce this year's Spring Call for the FMI International
PhD Program.
The Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, affiliated with the
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research and the University of Basel,
operates at the interface between academic research and biomedical
applications. Hence, our students not only acquire fundamental research skills,
using cutting-edge approaches, but also learn to consider the biomedical
applications of their discoveries.
The FMI International PhD Program offers advanced, interdisciplinary training
in epigenetics, neurobiology, and quantitative biology on a wide variety of
topics, including structural biology.
PhD students admitted to the program pursue research projects developed
together with their Group leader, receiving outstanding support from the FMI
research platforms in, for example, imaging, genomics or bioinformatics.
Numerous theoretical and practical training programs are available both at the
FMI and at the University of Basel, and the Basel/Zurich life science community
provides exceptional local opportunities for further scientific interactions.
Our PhD students receive generous fellowships, with social benefits.
The application deadline for the upcoming call is May 1, 2017; selected
applicants will be invited for on-site interviews, taking place June 28-30,
2017.
In addition to the attached advertisement, more information can be found on our
website:
www.fmi.ch/training/phd/<http://www.fmi.ch/training/phd/>
We would appreciate it if you could forward the information to potentially
interested candidates.