Dear Murph,

the reason we placed more emphasis on data collection and processing
for this tutorial is that the course for which it was created is on data
collection and processing.

With respect to Auto-Rickshaw, we used it as a convenient tool to
check whether the experiment was successful. The nice thing about
Auto-Rickshaw in contrast to other black boxes is, that it tells you
exactly what it did. Which programs it used and which parameters.
As a matter of fact, you will get a text file, which you can paste
directly into the Materials and Methods part of your paper. And
you can use this information to re-do every step and modify as
you please.

Further, an essential part of the tutorial is the diffraction data for
this RIP experiment. Starting from there, you can use of course
any program you like to process and go on from there.

I would suggest that you use the Auto-Rickshaw output as a
rough guideline and try to follow the process and re-do the
individual steps.

If you have question, feel free to ask.

Cheers, Manfred