Research scientist/Lab manager in Protein Evolution, Thornton Lab, University
of Chicago

We are seeking an experienced protein biochemist with interest in evolution,
great experimental and people skills, and strong organizational ability. As a
senior scientist in the lab, you will conduct independent research on the
evolution of protein structure and function, help to coordinate the lab’s
operations, and work closely with students, postdocs, and the PI to develop,
perform, and interpret experiments and analyses.

A biochemist with expertise in structural biology would be perfect for this
position. Experience in evolutionary biology is not required, but sincere
interest in protein evolution is essential.  Our work focuses on the molecular
and biochemical mechanisms by which ancient proteins evolved their present-day
functions and physical properties.

The two scientists who have previously held this position in our lab had
advanced degrees and prior experience as a postdoc or lab manager.  It’s a
great stable position that allows you to do exciting science and play a key
role in the lab’s culture.

More information and application instructions can be found at
http://tiny.cc/Thorntonlabmanager.