Yes, that is what I have been doing. Build one subunit and assemble into
tetramer before realspace refinement (with "ncs" constraints). I used
tetramer for refinement because I want the distances between the inter
subunits interaction partners to be considered. The problem is, whenever I
want to make some manual adjustments of the model afterwards, I have to
break it into monomer and repeat the whole process again. I assume if the
map is in P4 spacegroup, I only need to modify one subunit of this protein
and changes will be automatically applied to the other subunits. Am I
right?

Another question is, when I tried to refine my model using phenix realspace
refinement (energy minimization and adp), the statistics generally become
better (map CC, rotamer outlier etc), however, the ramachandron statistics
become worse, with increase number of outliers (from below 1% to around 5%)
and allowed (from several percent to 10-20%). Do you know what could be the
cause? I know I am asking the right person...