A 2.5 year ERC funded post-doctoral position is currently available in the
group of Bert
Janssen<http://www.uu.nl/en/research/crystal-and-structural-chemistry/research/research-group-of-dr-bert-janssen>
 on a structural biology project concerning communication between cells in our
nervous system.

You will use modern tools in structural biology; X-ray and cryo-EM, as well as
biochemical, biophysical and cell biological techniques to characterize ligand
receptor complexes that play a role in adhesion and intercellular signalling in
our nervous system.

The lab is well-equipped to produce and study mammalian (membrane) proteins and
is part of the Bijvoet
Center<http://www.uu.nl/en/research/bijvoet-center-for-biomolecular-research>
for Biomolecular Research at Utrecht University. The Bijvoet Center is a
dynamic hub of structural biology and provides access to excellent
infrastructure and training.

We are looking for a highly motivated and talented researcher with a strong
background in structural biology and/or biochemistry who is keen in working in
an ambitious and multidisciplinary research team. Experience with cryo-EM will
be considered a plus. Intended start date is flexible but preferably before
2018.

Candidates should send their CV, motivation letter and contact details of three
references to b.j.c.jans...@uu.nl before Monday 19 June 2017.

Dr. Bert Janssen
Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research,
Utrecht University