This reminds me - one of the sensible things in SCALEPACK unmerged is it
lists explicitly:
 (h k l) unique followed by (h' k' l') measured. I think the M/ISYM was
introduced to save file space but it is kind of redundant now! and a bit
flawed, as it depends on assigned symop numbering ,   Is it time to chang??