Dear all,

since SHELX is now part of CCP4, this question is not entirely off-topic.

I'm trying to solve structures by S-SAD.  Substructure looks weak but ok if
the right resolution cutoff is picked in SHELXD.

SHELXE is happy to do its thing for a while but then gives up with a
"Peptide occupancy has refined to negative value" error in one hand.  The
other hand is quite obviously (CC for partial structure, number of residues
built) wrong, but the PDB obtained with the antimatter peptides looks like
protein, is 80% complete and quite obviously the right solution.

Because of the error, SHELXE doesn't write phases.  How do I get these?  (I
could do MR, but there must be a more elegant way...)  Better yet, what
might cause the "negative occupancy" error and how do I avoid it?

Thanks and all best.

Andreas

--
<https://www.dectris.com>
Andreas Förster, Ph.D.

[image: LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/5067919>
 [image: facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dectris-Ltd/623855944369304>
<https://twitter.com/DECTRIS_News>

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the use of the
named
recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the
message.
Any unauthorized use of the information contained in this message is
prohibited.