Dear Colleagues,

Since  last September,  we (Dr. Valadares and me) had a long way to
communicate with the JBC journal, and it is a very unpleasant process.
Finally, our eLetter got published with the authors’ reply. Our eLetter:
doi: 10.1074/jbc.L116.765933 and their reply doi: 10.1074/jbc.L116.760678

A clever reply with no detailed explanation for our concerns and no
corrections were made to their so-called flaws, even they knew it. Now, it
seems nothing we can do with this flawed paper. It is strange that this can
be tolerated by the journal with such a good reputation.

best,

James